Muscle Wisdom is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider: #450786-08 and by the Florida Board of Massage Therapy: #50-13663.
Muscle Wisdom provides sports massage education with a focus on integrating orthopedic assessment with movement-based manual therapy to improve therapist efficiency and treat the root cause of the injury.
Injuries cannot just follow treatment “recipes” and expect success. Using his experience as an athletic trainer and massage therapist to college and Olympic athletes, Earl provides detailed education on the biomechanics of injury, giving you a unique education to think through each client’s problem.
Earl has over 25 years of experience in the field of sports medicine, working as both a licensed athletic trainer and massage therapist. He also holds certifications as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association, Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement Specialist through the National Academy of Sports Medicine, and Functional Movement Screening.
A graduate of the University of Michigan, he earned a degree in Movement Science from the Division of Kinesiology while also working as a student athletic trainer with the Michigan Football, Baseball, and Track & Field teams.
Earl has been featured in Massage Magazine, and has written the sports massage expert blog for Massage Magazine’s web site. His career has allowed him to work with athletes of all skill levels – from recreational runners to All-American, professional and Olympic athletes.
- BS in Movement Science (Kinesiology) from the University of Michigan
- Licensed and Nationally Certified Athletic Trainer
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA – CSCS)
- Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist (NASM – CES)
- Certified Performance Enhancement Specialist (NASM – PES)
- Certified Functional Movement Screen – Level 1 (FMS)
- Certified in Fascial Movement Taping (FMT)
- Certified FMT-Blades Advanced Practitioner (IASTM)
- Advanced training in Active Isolated Stretching and Muscle Energy Technique
- Advanced training in running injury assessment and gait analysis